Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Halloween 2013. Billy the Puppet Face Paint and Fancy Dress


 

Start of September, i was already researching Halloween fancy dress ideas. Thinking of things that myself or my friends haven't don't, things that were original enough to impress, but not so 'out-there' that there were no previous attempts on the internet to gain ideas from. 

After stalking Pinterest, changing key words and browsing and browsing, i eventually decided i wanted to be Billy the Puppet from the Saw movie franchise. You know, that cute, terrifying little guy who rides his tricycle and intimidates whilst being the voice for the mastermind that is jigsaw? Maybe this will jog your memory!




Creepy right! I went shopping a week before to pick up the essential 'fancy dress' items, such as black hairspray as i'm naturally blonde, and white face paint to complete the look. I also bought a white blouse from Primark for £9, a pair of white ankle socks for £1, also from Primark, and a men's red bow tie. (found on ebay here) for only 99p. I also managed to persuade my friend to let me borrow her black blazer for the outfit.

I bought Snazzaroo face paint in white because i've used it before in other colours and know i'm not allergic to it, and that it doesn't come off too easily throughout the night. I decided id rather pay a little bit more and get a quality paint, especially with a colour like white where the cheaper makes could be alot more translucent.

The actual face paint is quite simple, but i still managed to mess it up a bit! If you look at the actual puppet from the movie, the black around the eyes is only slight, however i didn't really pay attention and just keep smudging my face paint and eye shadow until it reached my cheekbones. I then realised my mistake.


 I shaded in a curve as if i were contouring my face with bronzer with the black face paint and my blusher brush, used a red crayon face paint to slowly draw the red spirals, trying to ensure they were even, and then drew two black face paint lines down from just inside the outer tips of my lips down to my chin, to give a puppet mouth effect.

My red lipstick is one i got from a magazine about 6 years ago, and i use very rarely, but for this is was good. I also used the black face paint crayon to gentley line my lips and smudge it inwards towards the parting of my lips. This created a more 3D effect!

Im already excited to start thinking about my next fancy dress choice, and halloween next year!


 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com