Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Halloween last year!

Last years Halloween was a great success. My house mates and i sat around on the kitchen floor carving pumpkins and creating gory spooky cupcakes and other tasty scary themed treats for about two days prior to Halloween.

Although i am imaginative, my ideas don't always rise spectacularly, in fact, sometimes they flop miserably and a good idea is just that, a good idea, but without momentum or necessary patience to bring it to life. So when i managed to design and successfully present a Spider carved pumpkin, i was impressed with myself!





Carving the individual legs without accidentally chopping one off was my greatest fear, but after i got the hang of the logic behind cutting out the behind space, not the actual spider, i was on a roll and no-one could stop me. 

My costume for our Halloween house party was a leopard. Leopards are scary! I took my time researching pictures of  the animal, and also previous other people's attempts at face painting a leopard, including Youtube tutorials. Bought some face paint on Ebay for the base, as i already had black & white from previous fancy dress attempts.

Following reference pictures and videos, here was my attempt that i ended up with;

 

Wearing  my friends leopard print tights and ears, and a long(ish) top that i bought from Ebay, and with crazy crimped hair, i think i looked the part! The only thing i would have done better is taken more time over the face paint, made it a bit better, and extended it down my shoulders and upper arms!

Ive chosen my fancy dress for this year, and once again, it involves face paint, and... black hair colour.
I really do not think i suit being a black haired girl, but, in the name of fancy dress, i shall be spray painting it. I have bought all the necessity's of the costume, just waiting for the 31st to roll around now to piece it all together!

I shall be uploading pictures soon!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com