Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

BUNAC Work America Diaries; The nitty gritty of paperwork

So because i can't tell you what to fill in on all the forms, because each one is individual to you, this will be a relatively short post!

To get to the page to see what you need to upload, just login to your BUNAC account, and then click on either 'Upload', or the 'supporting documents' with a little red 'x' next to it on the right. This takes you to a new page showing what you need to upload, what's been uploaded and is being reviewed, what's been accepted, and if you're like me and a bit silly sometimes, what's been rejected. If something says 'rejected' next to it after you upload it, there should be a reason next to it.

 Proof of student status
I emailed the 'Student Service Centre' of my university, and provided them with information such as name, student number, and registered home address, with which they were were able to prove i was a student there, I was then forwarded a scanned copy of a letter which met BUNAC's standards in a email!
You can also go in during a lecture and get a lecturer or someone high up to fill in the example letter BUNAC provide you with.

 Passport photocopy
Simple, if you have your passport with you at uni, and have access to a scanner, then just do it whenever you have the spare time. I however didn't have my passport, so had to phone home, get my dad to scan it in and email it as an attachment PDF to me. Make sure the writing is legible, they wont accept it if there is smudged food or ink across it, or if the letters and numbers are blurry or out of focus!
Also make sure it will be in date by at least 4 months from the date you are planning on returning home from the US.

 CIEE Work & Travel application
         &CIEE Application Addendum
This isn't difficult to fill out at all, it's just tedious and takes time. There is a supplement help document on the right hand side of the uploading page which will talk you through the harder questions.
The reason I had problems with this was the signature. BUNAC don't allow what's known as a 'digital signature' which I know as a technical thing that is like an fingerprint for using online. I then presumed it would be okay for me to sign a separate piece of paper, take a clear picture of it and then paste it onto the CIEE form.
This was then rejected and sent back to me with the advise 'we don't accept digital signatures'. I don't have access to a scanner at uni so had to wait until I went home the next time and do it then. I then uploaded the form again, but managed to forget to date one of the boxes, so again it was returned to me and i filled it in, and uploaded it again.
Eventually it was accepted, i let out a sigh of relief, and thought 'i wonder how much of an idiot BUNAC think i am!'
The 'Addendum' is similar, print it out, sign where it tells you, and then scan it back in and upload to the BUNAC website.

 Employer Job Form
Once I had accepted a job offer, the employer asked for my Job form, and i sent her this. She then filled it in with all the necessary details and emailed it back to me, and I just uploaded it.


EASY.







 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com