Pages

Sunday 27 October 2013

Baby Bottom Butter?

Every time i mention to my friends that i use a certain 'Baby Bottom Butter' as a moisturiser, i get funny looks.

Yes, this is a tub of cream meant for babies.
Yes, it does go on their bum and prevent nappy rash.
Yes, it does have a picture of a baby's bum on the front.
Yes, it does work amazingly as a moisturiser!







I bought it from Waitrose for about £2.50 a few months back, and after using it continuously, i have noticed a considerable improvement in the texture of my skin. As mentioned before i have sensitive skin, so any time i find a product which doesn't make me break out in a rash is a bonus for me.

The cream itself is like petroleum jelly in texture, which originally put me off. However, it means you only need a teeny amount to cover your whole face / elbows / knees / where ever you want to put it, and although i thought that the texture would mean it would be oily and stay on-top of my skin as a greasy layer, it sinks in quite quickly.

It has a lovely light vanilla and cocoa butter smell, my friend has told me i smell like a giant creme brulee before, and if you love sweet scents as much as i do, that is a good thing.
I apply it after taking my makeup off at night and let it soak in slightly before going to bed, and then when i wake up in the morning, i have lovely soft, smooth skin, and this tiny pot (125mls) has lasted me 4 months of every day useage, and there's still over half left!

Would i buy this again?
Definitely! This cheap pot has excellent value for money, and seems to last and last and last!





 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com