Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

Claire's Gel Top Coat Nail Polish


Enticed by the 'Gel' namesake when i popped into tween beauty and accessory shop, Claire's, i decided to take advantage of their 3 for 2 on nail products, along with two glitters.

The fact that the polish has the word 'Gel' in its name names me think of the long last, UV cured, professional manicures you can get, so i expected this polish to help prolong my nail polish. Here is the nails i did for easter weekend,.


If you want to see the polishes i used and the rest of the review, click the 'read more' button below! 


Awww, how cute is that bunny! Anyway, so I'm not the best, but I'm getting better! I'm lazy, so i don't do 'clean up' like professional nail blogs would, making it look 100% better, i just rely on washing my hands later to take away any bits of polish on my skin.

For this manicure, i used -
Miss Sporty Lasting Colour Nail Polish Fatal Black, for the eyes on both animals.
BK #24, (an ebay find) for the beak and the feet on the chick.
Essence Modern Romance, as the base coat
Barry M White #66, for the white polka dots and bunny.
Barry M Baby Pink #119, for the bunny ears.
Essence Peaches and Cream, from the Nude Glam range, not pictured, for the bunny nose
Barry M Gold Foil Effect #320, not pictured, for the penguin

And then finished it up with a coat of the Claire's Gel Top Coat. The top coat went on smoothly and evenly. Its slightly thicker than the top coat I'm currently accustomed to using, but I appreciate that that vary polish to polish. It also has a very quick drying time, i could touch two different nails together without any 'sticky' feeling between the two after 10 minutes or so.

I usually get 36 hours without chips on a normal manicure, if i don't start picking it off through boredom (naughty i know!). I haven't used a base coat with this manicure, and to create a opaque base with the Modern Romance polish i had to use three coats. I usually find the more coats, the quicker the polish peels (not chips) off for me. Ideally i like a polish to be 'done' in two coats.

Having had this polish on for 60 hours now, and still the majority of the manicure is still on, bar some chips on my pointing fingers by about 48 hours, i deem this polish a success. You could easily do 'touch ups' if the chips are annoying you, but i get bored if i have one colour on too long, so ill be taking this off and doing another one!





 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com