Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

Hot Chocolate Face Mask by Montagne Jeunesse Review

<BR>
I suffer from dry skin around my eyes and across my cheeks, and eczema occassionally. Because of this i am careful with what i try, but i have tried the Montagne Jeunesse range of face masks before, and felt they are okay for my skin! 

Press 'Read More' to have a look at my review!


First Impressions

The packaging is busy, light weight, and draws your eye to it on the shelf. They usually approximately 99p per sachet, but i got three for £1.50 from Home Bargains  Its half in French and half English and give you a good idea of what the product is.

Application

I tied my hair back to keep it out the mixture and got stuck in.
The product is a lot more runny than any of the other Montagne Jeunesse masks I've tried before, and is literally like melted chocolate. I used half the sachet to cover my whole face, and it smells divine. I did taste it too, but just to warn you, it doesn't actually taste like chocolate, no matter how good it smells.
The packet says its 'Self Heating' which i was wary about, was it going to burn, would it get too hot for me to cope? I found it was warm when applied on with fingers and smoothed over my face, but once i left it alone for a few minutes, the gentle warmth subsided as it dried.

Taking It Off and Results

Although i thought the product would dry on my face, it only dried around the outside near my hairline, and around the t-zone stayed sticky to the touch. This meant it was much easier to take off, with just a flannel and hot water. Once i had removed it all, i moisturized my face as normal with my Waitrose Baby Bottom Cream (a review of that coming up soon) and Garnier 7 Day Body Lotion, and went to bed.

The next day, my skin felt soft, and still smelt slightly of chocolate which was nice, but apart from that i don't think it made much difference to my complexion. However, i would buy this, or any of the other masks from this range, simply because they are good value for money, with a wide range of styles, such as self-heating, clay, and peel off, and lots of different smells to suit everyone. They are perfect for a pamper evening with friends, or if you just feel you've been wearing a lot of make-up recently and want something just to relax your skin a bit.



 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com